Somehow, we’ve arrived in March and I’m still not quite sure how we got here… but since we are here, I thought I’d do a little wrap up of what writerly things I’ve done so far this year, and hopefully I can turn this into a monthly feature.
I know that sometimes I tend to lose sight of the little things that I’ve achieved, since I’m always focused on the end results and larger goals. But since these small achievements help me get there, I think it’s important to remember them and just how far I’ve come. So without further ado, here are things I’m celebrating:
– Wrote just under 27,000 words (for Breakaway and a gift fic for a friend)
– Started my blog and Twitter account
– Booked my editor for April (which feels like such a long way away!)
– Finished the first draft of Breakaway
– Booked my cover artist (who I’m ridiculously excited to be working with)
– Edited my first draft on paper and started working through those edits
– Started plotting book 2 and found some awesome people to ask some super secret research questions
– Wrote a total of 6640 words (both Breakaway and for a fanfiction challenge I’m taking part in)
– Shared my valentine’s day short story (which you can find here)
All in all, it’s been a good start to the year and it’s amazing to see what I’ve achieved already.
My March goals are to finish my edits, potentially get a beta reader, finish my challenge fic and to start plotting book 2. Plus I’d love to blog more regularly too!
What are your March writing goals?