Wooo it’s September, and that means it’s nearly Autumn! Autumn is my absolutely favourite season because it means I can go back to wearing snuggly jumpers and drinking hot chocolate and pumpkin spice lattes. Plus it means the nights are drawing in and lots of extra time for curling up under blankets and reading.
August was a complete whirlwind for me, especially because I had a four-day work trip that was fun, but also gave me flu so I spent the week afterwards in a blanket fortress feeling generally horrible and sorry for myself. But I did also manage to get up to some super cool stuff too!
1. I went to my first football match! We went to see Tottenham Hotspur playing Inter Milan in a pre-season friendly, and it was a lot of fun. The stadium was huge and the atmosphere was incredible – it gave me so much inspiration and by the time we got to the second half I really wished I had a laptop with me lol! I also got to watch the players warming up close to where we were sat and they are definitely as handsome in real life.
2. I wrote a massive 41,000 words, finished the first draft of Extra Time and wrote the short story, “Hat Trick” (which you can get if you sign up to my newsletter). I’m still a little stunned that I managed to write that much, but it’s proof that I can. I also managed to get the first draft of Extra Time done in about nine weeks, which is amazing and also proves that plotting definitely works for me!
3. I’ve also started a secret project, which I’ll be releasing more details for soon. It’s a standalone that’s not connected to my Off the Pitch series, and I’m mostly writing it for fun. So far I’m having a blast and I can’t wait to share it.
4. Got to interview the fabulous E.M Denning and Kate Hawthorne about their new book, Future Ex Enemy, which I really enjoyed as well!
5. Released the paperback version of Breakaway which you can now get on Amazon! Natasha Snow did a fabulous job with the wrap around cover and it’s absolutely gorgeous.
That was about it for my August! My plans for September are to get my first draft of Extra Time edited and sent off to beta readers, and to progress my secret project. My husband and I are also in the process of hopefully adopting a rescue dog, so I really, really hope that works out. I’ve got two weeks off from my day job at the end of the month, so fingers crossed I’ll have lots of writing and editing time, and hopefully, a few days out too!